Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ancient Chinese Secrets


A couple of weeks ago we got some very appropriate fortune cookies. The Rockstar got the one on top: "You are always welcome in any gathering. Host a party this month." We laughed because he had been talking about throwing himself a birthday party for a while. Message received, party held.

My cookie said "Need some adventure and enjoyment? Take a vacation." We laughed at this one too. I have been whining about a vacation for months. We were scheduled to take a very big trip last fall and the plans fell through for various reasons. It has been a bone of contention in our household. There are various other plans being discussed, but nothing set in stone. I find myself distracted a lot lately, and almost daily I find myself daydreaming about a trip. Different places, different people, sometimes with the Rockstar, sometimes with friends, sometimes alone. One thing is for sure, I need to go somewhere some time soon.

Back in January I wrote about spending more time out doing and less time holding down the fort. I haven't spent much time out doing since then. Message received loud and clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment